Monday, June 20, 2011

Well if there's Christmas in July...


...and Thanksgiving daily, then I declare it to be Halloween in June! Here's why:

I had these two marshmallow fluff jars sitting in a cupboard, waiting to be "used." For years. And years...about 4 to be exact! So, as I was cleaning out that cupboard, I gave myself an ultimatum: USE 'EM OR LOSE 'EM!

Here's the final (?) product. All I did was take white tissue paper and brayer it orange, tear it into pieces and faux mod podge it to the jars.


Then, I drew and cut out the faces and adhered them to the jar.


They needed the lids, so I painted them green.


Here's the thing, should I use some toilet paper rolls to create stems?! If so, HOW?! Please help me! Comments and suggestions are very welcome today!!! Happy sharing!!!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Great project!

Tracy
owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

These look awesome!! Great way to recyle and they make a great gift. Yeah, I think I would add a stem and some funky ribbon. Great job!
Came from the Link Up Love Party!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraos.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

Great project. Maybe use some green pipe cleaners for the stems?

craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

Susan said...

What a creative idea! I agree with Natasha, that would work!

I'm here via the Link Up Party and am a new follower! Stop over sometime!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Sugarlips said...

Super cute!! I think stems would be cute, how about a brown piece of packing paper and then crumple it and then twist it up.

Lisa said...

These are so absolutely adorable!! I like all of the suggestions above for the stem...I think I would use kraft paper or packing paper crumpled up like Sugarlips suggested...then tying on a pretty bow like Sherrie said! But these are fabulous the way the are :D I'm stopping by from the Link Up Love party :)

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super duper cute project! I'm stopping by for the LULP. Hope you have time to stop by my place.
Terri
http://memorycatchers-terri.blogspot.com

Patti Ross said...

I'm a new follower - so nice to meet you! These are adorable!!!

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Anita Braddock said...

How spooky is this layout. I love love this the mood looks so real. you have done an awesome layout' thanks for sharing.
new follower
http://www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com