Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Banner




Well, it's that time of year. Church camp! My mother is helping with our young women church camp this year, and she had to be there yesterday until Saturday. And today is her birthday! She has to spend it in awful hot and sticky weather, and I KNOW she will not tell anyone. So, what did I do?! Well, one of my sisters came over (she's going to camp) and we made this lovely birthday banner to hang on her bunk! It turned out quite well, actually! I think that I'll be making one for personal use ;D. Anyway, it was quite simple, really! I just cut pennant shapes out of patterned paper, adhered scallop circles in a coordinating paper to the top middle, and finally added chipboard letters! I secured the pennants with pieces of raffia to go with the shabby chic look of the whole thing. I hope you like it--thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!!!!!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Love this banner. Now I can't wait to check out all your other projects.

Anne Tussing said...

Beautiful!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

very merry vintage style said...

Oh how sweet! It's really cute! Thanks for linking to the party at Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary