Saturday, October 8, 2011

OLW67: Thoughtsgiving

Well...I'm in love with OLW! It happens to be one of my absolute favorite challenges! This week is no exception! The challenge was to create a one layer card to let someone know that you're thinking of them.

Here's what I came up with~

A close up of the glittery flower~

This is a card to let a friend of mine know that I'm thinking of her and that even when life doesn't go our way, I'll be there! She's had some not so good things happen lately and I want her to know I love her and that life can still be awesome!!!

Hence the sentiment~

Anyway, we're also supposed to give a $5 donation to a cancer foundation. I am not going to be doing so online. I have been invited to come to a garage sale to help raise funds for a local family who's son needs money for medical expenses, and so I will be making my donation there! :)

On a separate note, I need ANY suggestions on how to photograph my one layer cards and get a good color on them--my white continually has a blue tint! I've tried all sorts of different lighting. What do I need to do?

I hope you've been inspired to try out CAS style cards and that you'll join us next time at OLW! Happy simplifying!

9 comments:

Simone said...

Beautiful beautiful card! And what a great sentiment! That´s just the truth, but humorously wrapped!
And thank you so much for your nice comment! I appreciate it!
Greetings from Germany around the world to you!
Simone

Rosanne said...

Such a pretty card!

Pauline said...

Lovely card and wonderful sentiment. We all need to dance a lot.

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful card and great sentiment too! I always find OLW cards really difficult to make, but yours is fab!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks so much, ladies! :)

G Peplow said...

Hi Mynette, What a great sentiment and a very pretty card, dancing is a great answer, Gay xxx

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous verse on your card! The flowers are so pretty too!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just gorgeous Mynette - I LOVE that sentiment!

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, friends! :)