Sunday, October 30, 2011

OLW...or TECHNICALLY OLF ;D

Yes, One Layer Wednesday this week was really posted on Friday. Creating a funny acronym. :) It made me smile...I'm a bit weird that way!

Anyway....the challenge this week was to create one layer card using only red and white OR red and cream. I chose red and white...

I call it "Candy Cane Christmas"~

Isn't it fun? I was quite please with the way it turned out! I originally had just the ornaments, but it felt/looked unbalanced, so I balanced it with the sentiment in the opposite corner. What do you think?

I'm keeping this post short and sweet--I'm way behind on my blogging! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my creation! I appreciate you! Hope you join us for OLF this week! ;D Happy stamping!

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

sweet card!!

KC said...

I think you were right to add the sentiment - it balances the ornaments very nicely. I also like the dotted line you added under the sentiment, to ground it. Did you use a stamp, or was that done freehand?

Susan said...

I love the crisp, clean look! Very elegant!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

Lovely! You did great CAS work with the one layer/one color challenge.
Katherine

Anne said...

Wow this is lovely I'm really liking your card and this colourscheme!
Anne
x

Ann Y said...

Lovely card. I think you were right to add the sentiment down there for balance. Looks great! :) Ann

Mynn xx said...

Thanks you, friends! @KC: the dotted line is actually part of the stamp! :)

librariane said...

I think if you scootched the ornaments over a teeny bit, you could get away with just those on the front. :)

But I really like the added sentiment.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the red ornaments with the lovely sparkle too! I think you're absolutely right in placing the sentiment to create balance in the card. It's lovely!

Jenny said...

Wonderful card, love how the ornaments sparkle :)
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, friends! :)

Susan said...

Gorgeous ornaments!! Beautiful card!