Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pinkalicious

Hello, blog land friends! I've had a bit of fun with this one! This week at Less Is More, it's a one layer card challenge. The challenge is to use hearts. Well, I have quite a few heart images, so I needed to narrow it down!

I also wanted to make it special for a certain sister who loves the Pinkalicious books. Ever heard of them? If not, there's more info here. Pink and glitter and bling are a MUST for a Pinkalicious girl!

Anyway, she's going to be singing at a state choir competition soon--and she's only in elementary school! So, I felt that a card was in order!

Here it is~

And a closer look at the glittery details~

What do you think? I think it turned out Pinkaliciously! I stamped the two darker hearts first, masked them off and then stamped the larger paler image. Then I added the sentiment, the glitter and the rhinestones!

On a kinda unrelated note, why do rhinestones look so awful when you photograph them?! And also, does anyone have any tips on photographing white cards? Mine always turn out bluish and I've tried many different light types. Just wondering!

Anyway, thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by my little blog! You make me happy just by being here! I hope you'll play along with us at LIM--if not this week, next week or in the near future! Happy one layer card making!

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such pretty glittered hearts~

Mandi said...

Just beautiful
thank you Mynnette
Mandi LIM

Jenny said...

Love the two glittery hearts, they look like sugary sweets ;)
A really pretty card and definitely pink!
Can you alter the white balance setting on your camera??? I'm afraid it's all to do with the artificial light we have in our homes and only editing on PC software or camera settings can remedy it....of course you could photograph your cards outside in natural light!
Hope this helps :)
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Jenny! I will try! And thanks for the sweet comments! :)

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Mynnette... decidedly pinkalicious!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzi B said...

Very pretty Mynnette... so pinkalicious. If you have a photo editing programme on your PC you can alter in adjustments.. have a play and see what happens..it might help :)
have fun
Suzi B x

Mynn xx said...

Thank you friends! :)