Monday, October 3, 2011

Simply Inspired

This week's OLW challenge is to be inspired by Janelle--blog here! She is so amazing! She was recently diagnosed with cancer and her blog is incredibly inspiring. Check it out!

Anyway, I know that the challenge is one layer cards, so I did make one, but Janelle is so inspiring that I had to CASE two cards! Both CAS style, but only one that is a single layer.

Here's the single layer card~

It's inspired by this post by Janelle, which shows some wonderful thank you cards for friends who have helped her lately. I am also going to use this card to tell someone that I feel blessed to know them.

Hence the sentiment~

The second card is also CAS, but it uses another layer of patterned paper and a punched out sentiment. The inspiration for this card can be found here.

Second card~

Close up of the sentiment~

I love these two cards inspired by an inspirational phenomenon! I love telling people that I'm thankful for them--because I truly am!

Since giving gratitude is a passion of mine, I've decided to join the Gratitude Challenge and use these two cards to give to two sweet people I'm thankful for. If you don't know what the Gratitude Challenge is, you need to check it out!

THANK YOU for coming to my blog today! THANK YOU so much for all your sweet comments--it brightens my day! THANK YOU for taking time to make me smile! I hope you are inspired to give thanks today and always! Happy thanksgiving! :)

8 comments:

kingstonmama said...

These are both really pretty. I like the one-layer card with the repeatedly stamped flowers, and I also really like the patterned papers you put together for the second card.

Marybeth said...

Your cards are beautiful.

Carol said...

Wonderful cards! Hasn't this been a great challenge this week?
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Mynn xx said...

Thank you so much, ladies! :)

Susan Raihala said...

So glad you're on board for the Gratitude Challenge, and your cards for Janelle are both wonderful. The one layer is (of course) my favorite, and your colors are perfect for it!!!!

Susan said...

Two wonderful cards! I'm sure the recipients of your gratitude cards will feel special!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, sweet friends! :)

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful cards, Mynnette! I really love the floral graphics. ;)