Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!

Yep, it's winter! So...why my title? Because over at Crafty Cardmakers, they're challenging us to use heat embossing on our card! :) They want us to put a little twist on it, though.

SO...here's my twist--when I want to heat emboss something in a specific ink color, this is what I do. I ink up my image with a Versamark pad and THEN ink it up carefully with my dye based ink. After I stamp the image, I cover it in clear embossing powder and heat emboss it. It works like a dream!

I used this technique with the heart on my card...I promise. The pictures do NOT do it justice...

I call it Heartfelt Thoughts~

Details~



What do you think? I made this card for a co-worker who recently found out that her husband has throat cancer. Just a few days before Thanksgiving. So, she needs some extra love--if you pray, please pray for her and her husband!

Thanks for joining me this evening--if you like my style, please follow me!!! I have an "old year's" resolution--if I get 100 followers by January 1, 2012, I will be giving away blog candy! :) Happy following--and happy stamping!!! :)

11 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I do my heat embossing this way too Mynnette! My heart goes out to your friend and I'm sure she will appreciate your beautiful card.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there , my thoughts and prayers for your friends family . Love your card so stylish and great tip about the embossing will definetley give that a go.

Marie

Josephine said...

This is beautiful! And that's an interesting technique - must try it some time!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

downrightcrafty said...

oh this is so elegant and love the colour choice, so pretty
Hugs Kate xx

J said...

What a lovely card - I am sure it was very much appreciated by your co-worker. My thoughts are with her and her husband, and I thank you for sharing the card with us at crafty cardmakers.

Jackie

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card Mynnette - such sad news, my thoughts are with you - Jacqueline xx

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful elegant card,love the colours and the heart is gorgeous....Thank you for your visit and lovely comment...
Mandy x

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, friends. :)

Feebsy said...

Such a thoughtful and beautiful card Mynnette I'm sure the recipient was very grateful to know you care so much. I shall keep her and her husband in my thoughts.

I shall have to give your heat embossing tip a try, I've never done it that way.

Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

I'm sure your co worker really appreciated the time you have taken to make such an appropriate card. I will need to try your technique for embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again soon.

Cazro said...

Sad news from your friend.
Your card is super, thanks for the tip, I reckon I no longer need all the coloured EP I have. Good luck on the DT call. Caz