Friday, January 21, 2011
Sorry for the lack of posts this month (and sorry this one is SO short)--I've been distracted by other things lately. I've tried to simplify my life and not stress about things that may or may not be necessary for my and my family's well being.
ANYWAY...here are pictures of the three projects we made at my Be Mine Workshop last Saturday--quick, cute and LOVEly! :) The inside of the big card says, "You're just my 'type'!" and the inside of the little card says, "You're the apple of my eye." I hope they inspire you to make a Valentine today!!! Happy crafting!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
So, I the picture above is from a craft store here in our area. They have it on the wall of their bathroom, and I had to take a picture because I feel that I am one of those girls! Prove it, you say? Well....it would take a long time to show all my glitter projects, but here are some hearts that I made to hang on my kitchen shelf.
They coordinate with the LOVE tins I made earlier, and I am planning on making some more glittery decorations soon!!!!! Anyway, if you want to do something with glitter, the most important thing to consider is your adhesive. I LOVE using sticky strip to adhere glitter to projects because it never really falls off and you don't have to wait for it to dry. Also, you get a perfect line every time! The way that I made the glitter hearts was using sticky strip--I just put a bunch of lines of it on top of each other and then punched out the shape I wanted before I took the top red layer off. :) I also like to use the Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive for glitter as well. If you wanted an expert opinion, I'd ask someone at your nearest owner run craft store for more details. I hope you take the chance to glitter your world today! Happy crafting!
Monday, January 3, 2011
What do you think of my LOVE canister?! I LOVE IT! I've had these two Ghirardelli chocolate canisters for a few years thinking I'd use them as Christmas decorations, but never have. So...it was either use them or throw them. And since I can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good canisters, I used them! And it was easy and fun!!!
I decided that I was gonna post step by step directions of how to do this project, just in case any of you out there have the same canisters that are in danger of being thrown out...here they are!
1. Adhere a 6"x12" piece of patterned paper around the middle of the canister. I use sticky strip as my adhesive on projects like this.
2. Create the bottom heart border by using a border punch (the one I used is from Martha Stewart Crafts) across a 2"x12" piece of light pink paper then adhering three darker pink hearts to the back of the middle three hearts created by the border punch. Adhere border to canister using sticky strip.
3. Create the top glitter border by taking a piece of 1"x12" light pink paper, adhering a thick piece of sticky strip across the middle of it and putting the glitter onto the sticky strip. I use a Powder Pal from Stampin' Up! to keep the glitter at bay as much as possible...although some does usually escape. :) Adhere top border to canister.
4. Create LOVE embellishment using two pieces of layered cardstock, chipboard letters and Tombow Liquid adhesive. Adhere to canister.
5. I then decided that I needed to add the ribbon to the bottom...so I did! :)
6. Here's one last look--now you can enjoy it or gift it with something special inside!!!!!