Friday, January 6, 2012

NEW! :)

Well. I have something unusual here for you tonight. A lot of you know that my DH and I have been trying to have a baby for about 7 years now to no avail, and so I tend to avoid baby showers. So, this card was a little hard for me to make. That's right! It's a baby shower card! And, no. I'm not going to have a baby. :) And, no. I'm not going to a shower--just sending this in the mail.

Here's the card~

Details~



I'm gonna keep it short and sweet as I am swamped right now with other things I need to do! I created the background panel with both heat and dry embossing then adding the elements on top and finished with glitter bling! :)

Hope you come and join along with the following challenges I'm entering this card into~

Papertake Weekly: Anything goes with the option of NEW theme (new to me card type + new in the sentiment)


Wee Memories: NEW (ditto from above)
Creatalicious: Purple, green, pink & white (FABULOUS for this card--love it!)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Mynnette!

I understand how you feel with the new babies arriving around you when you don't yet have your own. It is especially difficult when your friends/family seem to just have to look at each other to suddenly be expecting. Please know, that there are many of us out there who have had difficult journeys in baby-making also. It is probably small comfort coming from me (who managed a successful end to the difficult journey already), but I have faith that you will too, one day. I hope you are able to find some peace so that you can join in the joy of the celebration of the "other" babies arriving in this world. Hugs to you. xxx

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* I'm sorry Baby hasn't arrived for you and your DH... I'll admit I'm not the best person to comment on this as I have no children and am not married, but I do wish you the best!

Now on to my thoughts about your card........ Of course it is pretty! I am sure the recipient will LOVE it. All the embossing, dry and heat, just adoring the textures here. <3

Anonymous said...

Hi Mynnette, your card is beautiful. I was in your position many, many years ago. All I can say is don't give up! Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
xxx

Audhild said...

Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us in the Creatalicious Challenges this month.

Hugs Audhild

Bente said...

Wonderful card, lovely colors and details. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious challenge this month.
Hugs, Bente