Saturday, April 28, 2012

52 CCT Embellishment Challenge #4

Hey, y'all! It's the last week of the month, and that means it's time to add some embellishments to your cards for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown!!! This week we'd like to see some buttons and bows!!!

Here's some inspiration~

I have to tell you, I'm not a bow person. I usually just tie my ribbons in square knots and call it good! ;) BUT, I did try a bow this time on my first card.

Here it is with details~



The bow isn't too hard to do--just make some loops with ribbon making sure to make each loop bigger than the last, fold them in half, stick them in a pile, and tie another piece of ribbon around them! SO easy--and it looks so elegant! This is also a card within a card--the main panel is a smaller card to hold a gift such as cash or store gift card. :)

Now my second card and details~




I kept this one clean and simple--the buttons are from a dear friend who was getting rid of some from her stash! Don't they look FABULOUS?!

So, how will you use buttons and bows this week? I cannot wait to see what everyone creates! And if you're wanting to see MORE buttons and bows, go visit Jacqueline for more inspiration! Merry stamping! :)

Also linking this to CSAYL: Anything Goes Christmas!!! :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

wow, these are gorgeous. Love the buttons. I am not a bow person either :)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynnette - lovely cards, I love your bow - it looks very elegant, hope you are having a good weekend - we are flooded in here and can't get anywhere but that's OK - it leaves more time for crafting.
My stamps have arrived - thank you, have you got yours yet? - Jacqueline xx

Victoria said...

A smashing couple of cards, Mynnette. I especially love the second one. It's a cracker of a design.