Saturday, September 22, 2012

Two more cards...

A quick post with a couple more cards I've created in the past little bit!  This post will be long enough with pictures, etc., so I won't blabber on...

Card 1~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~

(Week 1: Pink, Black, & White; 
Week 42: Silhouette;  
Week 43: Bit of Bling)



This card utilizes different dry embossed pattern to create more interest than just the flat colors.  The bling and ribbon were the only embellishments I felt were needed and appropriate.  The lack of sentiment will come in handy--I just know it!

Card 2~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




This card took quite a bit of time for me to create.  I had to find some patterned paper that I liked to fit the colors as I wanted to stamp onto patterned paper! ;)  The faux stitching is really what slowed me down.  I've done quite a bit of it the past week and am still trying to get faster! 

Thanks for stopping by to see my cards--I appreciate you taking time out of your day to say hi and to leave your sweet comments!  Please join in the fabulous challenges I've played along with--I'd love to see what you create!!!  Happy stamping! :)

25 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Mynette, LOVE the stamping on the patterned paper and your faux stitching is FAB! Great cards! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW! These are both beautiful cards but I love the black/white/pink one. The black card base makes a statement whilst the delicate stamps add a touch of serinity. Love the touch of gingham ribbon too.

Love Sheila x

Davi said...

Both card are beautiful Mynnette! I most especially love the second! The soft colors, layers and stitching are perfect :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful and delicate- love the embossing, love the colors, the faux stitching- everything!

Chrissie said...

I love your first card Mynnette, the colours are beautiful and I love the stamp you used.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Unknown said...

Wow! your cards are very beautiful!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful and I love the first one.

Deborah Frings said...

Super cards Mynnette. Love the texture on your CR84FN card - the subtle shimmer, the touch of bling. Lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN.

BTW - the LIM card is knockout!!

GinaA said...

Your pink d black LIM card is just stunning, love the bling.

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards! I love the soft floral scene and pastel colours. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous work Mynnette~ I love the details.

Susan said...

Mynnette, both of these cards are simply GORGEOUS! I love the color combo of the first one...and the bling on the image really pops (great design too!) The second card is a perfect combination of colors for the sentiment (I need that one!). The colors just are soft and soothing...does that make sense? Anyway...AWESOME cards this week!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

LOVE them both!!!
simply elegant!
thank you so much for joining us at Charisma!

Mandi said...

Love the pink black and white, so striking
Love the embossing
Thank you
Mandi KLIM

Aileen said...

Both lovely cards. The pink black and white is simply stunning. x

Vee said...

Such a beautiful creation.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Lisa Elton said...

These are both darling Mynnette! Love the sweet little blooms on both cards!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful cards! Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Mynnette love your classy card and the touches of bling! Thanks for playing with us on Southern Girls Challenge!
Carolyn, DT

Jan said...

Gorgeous cards.
I have blog candy to share xx Jan
http://janlovetocraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Jacqueline said...

two absolutely gorgeous cards Mynnette - love the pink and black - Jacqueline xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderfully fab cards! Thanks for joining the Bling, Bling Challenge at Southern Girls!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Two absolutely stunning cards Mynette - love the pink and black - such texture!

Karen x

Ruth M said...

Hi there Mynnette, thanks so much for playing along with us at Simply Stampin' - your faux stitching looks so real and very neat - I'm jealous! Lovely soft, muted colour on that one and I love the pink and black on your first card!

Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card for the Simply Stampin' Challenge. I love your choice of colour combination and agree with Ruth your faux sewing looks so real.
Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'.