Tuesday, October 30, 2012

H{owl}oween!

So, I got the most darling owl set from the consignment sale the other day and I had to use it to make a Halloween card!  I'm thinking this will be the LAST Halloween card of the season as I'm a bit Halloween'd out...I've used inspiration from four fabulous challenges and I do like the end result.  I hope you will, as well!

Here's the card~

Details~



Inside of card

For these fabulous challenges~


sketch #73



I was really inspired by the pennants in the photo at colourQ and so I decided to pull out my pennant punch and create a banner to mimic the band in the sketch.  Rhinestones seemed about the only embellishment that would do, so I added some and then sprinkled some more onto the starry sky in my image.  I've also used this month's technique at my Technique Tuesday challenge--BargelloMy TIP for creating a bargello background--make sure you use STRONG adhesive and glue down every single small piece.  Otherwise you'll have panels falling off of your card! You've got just about one day to create something fabulous in order to win a prize, so please check it out and play along!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you come and play along with all these fabulous challenges--I love seeing what other people create!  Happy stamping! :)

17 comments:

Katy said...

Love this! Love your owls and banner and the Bargello of course! :)

Kylie said...

This is awesome, Mynette. I love everything about it! I better get cracking on something for the Bargello technique!! Thanks for the reminder!! xx

Shari said...

Very cute, love the owls!

Pia S said...

I've never tried the Bargello technique, but I'm now inspired to give it a go - love the effect of it! Love your owls too! Your card is beautifully designed with the added pennants, and the rhinestones finish it all off so nicely! Lovely card, Mynnette!

Lisa Minckler said...

I feel like I've stared at your card for an hour..it's so wonderful. I've truly admired all your hard work on this and it turned out just perfect! The owls are perfect and the inside sentiment is adorable. Super cute Halloween card you've designed here. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Karen Petitt said...

It's gorgeous Mynnette! Twhoo cute, lol! Love the colours you've used on your Bargello, may have to make myself some more papers x

Words and Pictures said...

Golly... I've just read the post above, and it does sound as though you're insanely busy - wow! Wishing you all the best for your brand new venture! I love this pennant card - such a great way to play with the papers, and get them all on view! Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comments over at Words and Pictures.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card, love thee row of owls, thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

sandie said...

love the bargello background. The owls look kinda cheeky but sweet and I especially like how you decorated the inside-I love to do that but I often forget-thanks for the reminder!!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww this is an adorable owl set Mynnette ~ I like the tiny sleepy one in the middle! A festive and cute Halloween card!

Evil Edna said...

love the colours, the rule of 3 and the bunting, but the inside is my fav bit. thank you for sharing at TIOT.EE

Sylvia said...

What a totally fun card, Mynette, love the stamps and how you used the colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Danielle Vincent said...

I think this is one of my favorite cards that you've made lately. Soooo very cute! Hugs

Unknown said...

Great use of this week's colors. And I think those owls are super cute. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

NGCARDS said...

This is a fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us this week at PTW! xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Mynette, I love your banner and such a fantastic use of this weeks colours. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mynnette, This is a great Halloween card, love the image. The Bargello background looks fabulous, (just ran out of time to try it for the challenge, but must give it a try.)
Thanks for playing along with us at TioT
Avril x