Saturday, October 6, 2012

Liar, liar...

...pants on fire!  I KNOW!  I told you I wouldn't have time to create today!  But I was so bummed not to make a card on WORLD CARD MAKING DAY that I had to participate!  So...I made two! ;)  They are both inspired by this card by Victoria and some color challenges going on out there currently.

Here's the first~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~



(A witch--the first costume I remember wearing!)

Well, let's start with the colors--I decided my pop of plum would be in my stamping and rhinestones.  I stamped all the images (from Graphic 45) with a deep plum color, then covered each panel with Versamark and embossed the entire piece of paper with kaleidoscope embossing powder for shine.  I dry embossed the black on black with a spider web folder from Stampin' Up! and added some bling.  Ta da!  Although I'm not 100% in love with it...but I am with my next card!

Card two~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~




This one was my original idea when I saw Victoria's card.  I wanted kraft cardstock with some pops of color and the colors at Dynamic Duos were perfect!!!  I just used dollar stamps picked up from JoAnns or some such store, stamped the panel, dry embossed my kraft on kraft with a woodgrain folder and then added a sentiment of thanksgiving (perfect for the Gratitude Campaign).  Voila!

There you have it!  My offerings for World Card Making Day!!!  I hope you join in these fabulous challenges and that you've been inspired to create today!  Happy stamping! :)

17 comments:

AB. said...

Great card Mynnette! I love the falling leaves panel and the texture that you've added to the kraft base. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

brenda said...

Two great cards Mynette, I especially love the elegance of the second one.

Many thanks for joining our autumn leaves and trees theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Suze Bain said...

Ha, ha, you made me laugh there with your 'pants on fire'! Two lovely cards. xx

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my washi tape giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Lisa Elton said...

Your leafy panel is so pretty Mynnette and looks great with the wood grain! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Unknown said...

Hi Mynnette! Wow! That witch card is totally awesome! I love the black background and the starry panel behind the cute witch!

The second card is beautiful! That recessed panel of leaves looks gorgeous with those colors you used. I see why you are in love with this one!
hugs,
Ellen

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi there - both cards are just terrific - not sure "witch" one I like better :o) Glad you decided you needed to get a couple more done :o)

Kim S said...

Both are beautiful! I love the layout with the stamped panel in the background. The cascade of fall leaves is so soft and gentle. So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Beautiful Card Mynnette! I love your use of the colors and the woodgrain folder is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Evie said...

Lovely card. Great idea. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 43 Eternity.

Hugs.
Evie

Sarah said...

Such fab cards! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

anya said...

Wow! That embossing powder is so fun and sparkly! It adds just the perfect touch to the fun witch image. So glad that you played along with the Play Date Cafe Color Challenge for WCMD!

Alicia said...

Love the embossed spider web! What a great take on this week's color splash. Thanks for coming out to play with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Lynn said...

I like the way you used the splash of color in the embossing and rhinestones! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Tammy said...

Fantastic cards Mynnette! I love the sparkle on the first card and the beautiful colors on the second! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Melissa said...

Both of these are fabulous! Love that little witch flying over the embossed web and the woodgrain card is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

michele said...

Fabulous cards! thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x