Friday, November 16, 2012

I finally found time...

...to make some cards!  Okay, so I've really had the time, just not the energy.  I've been a bit run down the past week.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am most definitely NOT going to bed on time...and then working all day and refusing to take naps because I do not want to get back into that habit...I really wasted time that way!

Anyway, so I've made some cards to share with you over the next few days!!!  I'm sharing two in this post and will add the other tomorrow.  Three cards in one post is far too much.  I feel that two is as well, but whatcha gonna do about it?!  The first one that I'll share in this post is a fun autumnal card featuring a darling image from A Day For Daisies.

Here it is~

Details~


Inside of card.
For these fabulous challenges~



(I've used Dazzling Details glitter as an accent 
as well as pearls from Hero Arts and liquid pearls)

This card came together rather slow.  I couldn't figure out what papers to use, then I couldn't figure out what colors to use where.  After I got through that mess, the rest was a snap!  :)  Image by ADFD and inside sentiment by Stampin' Up!.

Here's my second card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~



november-color-swatches

This card took a bit of time because I kept getting partial stamping on the sentiment.  That poor piece of patterned paper...it was totally wasted.  BUT, I do like the way that this card turned out!  The sentiment is by Hero Arts, the images by Stampin' Up!, the snowflake punch is by Martha Stewart.  Paper is of an unknown origin...I've had it for forever as well as the red scraps I used and the red single rhinestone.  It was a floater... ;)

Thanks for taking the time to come and look at my cards and leave a comment--I appreciate these things immensely!  You make my day!!!  I hope you join in all these fabulous challenges too!  Happy stamping! :)

12 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

A lovely first card Mynnette and a stunning second one! I know what you mean about napping - it always feels like a waste of time but we probably need it! Vicky x

Lisa said...

Love them both to bits Mynnette! The tiny fairy perched on the toadstool is adorable with her sparkly wings. Then this Christmas creation is near perfection!! The layered snowflake is a perfect accent!

Danielle Vincent said...

What a darling polka dotted card (I have a soft spot for polka dots) and perfect for our sketch challenge at 'ABC' Challenges this week.

Love your second amazing card too - would never know you had so much grief putting it together :o) Hugs D

Elizabeta Kushner said...

I love your CASE Study Challenge Card. It is just beautiful.

Ger said...

Lovely card, love the added sparkle! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

WOW! I love all the bling on your sketch card and how very clever to use the same DP for your layers. Too pretty!

Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenge this week!

Lela said...

Very pretty, I like the extra sparkle you added. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

Patty Gorka said...

I enjoy looking at your cards, Mynnette. You are so talented and you do such lovely work!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at ABC Challenges!

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cards Mynnette! Love them both and the red snowflake one is just perfect for our challenge at Clear it Out! Love the design and sentiment of the card! Thanks for joining us for the Clear It Out "Use your red stash" challenge!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Broni said...

What great cards! I love all the pearl "drops" and that sweet little fairy! Thanks for playing along with us in the ADFD challenge!

Debby said...

Great cards! Love the linear bough with snowflakes :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Katy said...

Love both of your cards but that first is just so sweet! Love yoru image and how you repeated the polka dots while still matting them on the orange. You are so talented! :)