Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 for 2012

It's my yearly review.  I'm going to add what I feel are my "highlights" from each month of 2012.  So, bear with me!  This post will probably be quite long!!! ;)  I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who is a follower or who is just now finding me.  YOU are the reason that I keep creating and blogging.  That is one of the best gifts I've ever been given.  THANK YOU.

Here are my Top 12 Highlights of 2012~

January: The highlight of January was starting 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown with my dear friend, Jacqueline.  It has helped me to make a personalized holiday card for EVERYONE on my list and has also been a means of meeting some amazing crafters!

February: My favorite part of February 2012 was THIS CARD.  It was such a PAIN in the butt to make, but it is still one of the cards I am most proud of!  It didn't win any awards, it just taught me that I could do hard things and succeed!  I was also awarded the Liebster award for the first time in February 2012--thanks, Katy!

March: Winning at Gingersnap Creations (challenge now closed) not once, not twice, but three times.  This seriously helped me to realize that I could branch out into all sorts of different stamping and crafting styles.  Even though this challenge is closed, the site is still up and available for you to read all the amazing articles about crafting!

April: Yeah. You KNEW this was coming.  Bragging about all the FABULOUS deals I got at the consignment sale!!!  That was the biggest highlight of April!  Also, starting Technique Tuesday. ;)

May: Finally getting to enter a challenge at A Day For Daisies with this card and starting to use digis more in general.  Even though my first card is NOT the best I've done, I feel so blessed to finally have been able to participate!  Also, winning with this card as a Dynamic Dynamo at Dynamic Duos!  That was a super duper fabulous surprise!

June: Creating this card for Fashionable Stamping Challenges and winning with it and a family visit from my sister, her fiance, my other sister, and her two girls!  It was SO nice having family here in the middle of the summer!!!

July: Making my first easel card and joining the talented DT at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!!!  That seems really quick, but those are my July highlights!!!

August: My sister's wedding to her daring husband and a "not so" highlight that turned into one--going back to work.  It was a REALLY rough going back, but it has calmed down and I am so incredibly grateful for the amazing children I work with on a daily basis!  Nothing terribly crafty related, but there you have it!

September: Being asked to participate in my FIRST EVER blog hop with the great DT at Great Impressions Stamps!  It was SO fun to get to work with new stamps and meet some amazing people along the way!

October: Joining the amazing team at Digi Haven!!!  Here's my first card for this fabulous digi challenge--these are some amazing people and I feel so blessed to work with them!

November: My 8th wedding anniversary to my amazingly kind and wonderful husband.  I am so grateful to have him in my life--his support and love are the most important things in this world to me!  Also, starting the search for my DT at Inkspirational!!!  I do hope you'll join us in the coming New Year--we've got amazing prizes and DT work for you!!!

December: Last month of 2012 and the highlight was being asked to be on the DT at For Your Inspiration!  You'll see my very first DT card for this team on Thursday, January 3, 2013!

And there you have it, friends!  Thanks for taking the time to read this post!  Like I stated above, none of my successes could have been possible without YOU--your support, comments, and love mean the world to me!  Here's to a fabulous 2013!  God bless and Happy New Year, friends!  And, as always, happy stamping!!!

7 comments:

Kim x said...

Well my friend you have certainly had a busy and productive 2012. I don't know how you fit it all in, but I am very glad that you do.
I look forward to your challenges, even if I don't get a chance to enter. They are a constant source of inspiration for me when it comes to classes. I am looking forward to your next creations.
Have a wonderful New Year.
hugs Kimx

Jacqueline said...

I am so touched that you chose me as one of your highlights of 2012 - I couldn't have done it without you. I treasure you as a friend and your kind words to me over the last few months and all your help has been a Godsend. Bless you Mynnette and best wishes for the New Year - Jacqueline xx

Katy said...

This is so cool! Happy New Year! :) I am so excited for you too!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year Mynnette! Loved your Top 12 post! Congratulations on your new DT position at For Your Inspiration and I can't wait to join the challenges at Inkspirational!!! It's going to be an incredible year!
Nancy xx :D

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year Mynnette! Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve in 2013 ;)

Kim S said...

Wow! You are an amazing and VERY busy lady!

sandie said...

thank you for sharing this with us, it is so good to read what you have done x