Monday, April 1, 2013

MMM: CAS One Layer Card

Well, we've got another CAS challenge for you this week at Make My Monday!  We'd like to see your ONE LAYER CARDS!!!

Here's mine~

Details~





I've used ink, glitter glue, and cardstock by Stampin' Up!, the sentiment is by Tim Holtz, the flower is by Martha Stewart, and the leaves are by Basic Grey.  The blue "frame" was made using a clear block.

To get the center of the flower yellow and glittery, I added the glitter glue and then added just a drop of yellow ink from a reinker to it.  It was sooooo cool to watch it spread!

Thanks for coming by to take a peek at my card!  I do hope you'll join us in our challenge this week and don't forget to go and see what the other gals on this fabulous DT have created, too!  Happy stamping! :)

8 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Mynette! Fab stamping.

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow you achieved great depth with your stamping technique on this one layer card. Fabulous!

JayBe said...

Love your card, Mynnette - so colourful and the added sparkle just finishes it off nicely.
hugz, Jan xx

Jacqueline said...

A lovely colourful card Mynnette - love what you did with the glitter - Jacqueline xx

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty, looks like spring to me!

sandie said...

wow and wow, I love this. I really like the blue block and yippee to the glitter pen-really adds some interest to your card x

Pia S said...

I find one layer cards are so tricky to make, but you did a wonderful job with this one! Great idea to use the acrylic block to create the background for your flower. I like the touch of the added glitter for sparkle!

Rossella said...

Hi Mynette,
Love the card and the yellow centre looks fab
Rosie x