Monday, May 20, 2013

With deep sadness...

Today has been a very emotional day for me.  For starters, it's my last Monday ever at my current job.  I only have 2 1/2 more days to go.  I work at an elementary school with students who have special needs.  I am going back to school to finish my degree to be a SpEd teacher and so I know it will be worth it, but I will really miss those kids.

And then I come home to see the news about Oklahoma.  That could've been the school I work at.  Seriously. Hit. Home. Hard.  I cried.  I prayed.  I still felt so sad.  So then I thought today would be a good day to share a card just because.  It's one that I sent to a dear friend after a great loss recently.

Here's the card~

Details~




I've used silhouette stamps by Close to My Heart and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  I'm not entering this into any challenges, I just needed to share.  I hope that you all are having a good day and that maybe you'll take time to tell your loved ones how much you care.  You never know what could happen to you.

Here's my baby on Mother's Day~

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card.  I hope that you've been inspired to create something today! HUGS and happy stamping! :)

10 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Sending you and those affected by this great tragedy big hugs hun - you're in my prayers. Cute picture of Hundie too (hope I spelt that right). Beautiful card too Mynn, very elegant Karen x

Lisa Elton said...

Keeping you in my prayers Mynnette, that your spirits will pick up soon. You're taking a big step to finish your degree and it will be well worth it in the end. Your card is peaceful and lovely.

Darnell said...

So sorry for the sadness you feel about missing those kids, Mynnette. I hope you don't get hit by the killer storms yet. It looks like a very bad system. My heart is broken for those poor families.

Thank you for sharing your appropriate and beautiful card! Good look with your journey getting your Special Ed degree!!

Tkat said...

gorgeous card :) hope tomorrow is a happier day :)

Kim x said...

What a beautiful card Mynnette, I'm sure that it will be cherished.
Good luck in your new life challenge, you will be fine my dear friend.
Thinking of you.
hugs Kimx

Fabiola said...

oh ce qu'elle est élégante! j'adore, biz

Nancy Seed said...

Best of Luck in your new adventure. Don't forget an apple for the Teacher on your first day:).

Don't feel sad for leaving your work behind. I'm sure they are just as happy for you and you have to remember that you will only be "Just a Thought Away" from their hearts and minds.

BUG HUGS:)

Jacqueline said...

It's so shocking to hear the news reports coming from over where you are Mynnette - stay safe and enjoy your new adventure - Jacqueline xx

Gabby said...

Widespread sadness abounds and I think will remain for some time to come. Prayers and love and rebuilding are the hope. :) BEST of everything as you venture back to get you degree in S.Ed. I'm sure it will be a very rewarding experience, as apparently, the school you're leaving has been. Your card is beautiful. TFS

Unknown said...

I saw your card for the Make My Monday green and yellow challenge and thought it was beautiful, so simple but stunning, I loved it, less certainly is more here, so I thought I would leave a comment and then when I got to your blog I saw the blue sadness card. Its lovely Mynnette, thank you for sharing it with us. We have seen all the pictures here of the tornado on our news. Such a disaster, how sad. Our thoughts are with you all. Good luck with your course. Hope it all goes well and you have fun. Love your 'baby', he's cute. My 'baby' is pictured on my blog too. Love and hugs, Viji. x