Monday, July 8, 2013

HOC: July CAS Challenge

Hi, friends!  I am back with another challenge today at my newest challenge blog--House of Cards!  This challenge is a little bit different but I think you'll like the idea behind it!  Go pop on over for all the details.  Today's challenge is a card making style/color challenge.  We'd like to see some Clean & Simple cards made with...

This color scheme~
(When playing along, please use at least three.)
http://design-seeds.com/palettes/FreshCherry.png

Here's my card~

I've used stamps by Hero Arts, Liquid Pearls by Ranger, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  My original thought behind this card was to go one layer, but the sentiment would've drowned, you know?  So, I guess it's two layers, but I LOVE this card!  I bought this stamp set on a whim and I'm so glad I did!  I think I'll use it more instead of letting it get dusty. ;)

Thanks for popping over to take a peek at my card!  Please join us this week and every week to practice your card making styles and don't forget to leave some love with my super fabulous CAS design team!  HUGS and happy stamping friends!


11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun vintage images

Tara Cardwell said...

Your fashion take on the colours is, well, fashionably fabulous!
Tara
x

Ruth M said...

Perfectly CAS and so chic and stylish - a wonderful card Mynn! So happy to be on the HOC adventure with you my friend! : ) {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous card Mynn, love the stamp! Karen x

Nonni said...

I love your card, Mynnette! The stamps set you've used is just awesome and your CAS take is perfect. Hugs!

Nancy Seed said...

This stamp set brings back great memories of my Mom. She used to make all her clothes and just looking at the styles I can see the McCalls and Simplicity patterns. Great start to the C&S HOC. Big HUGS :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Really, really love this card Mynn! Fabulous way to use those colors on a CAS card.

Rosmarie said...

A very original and beautiful interpretation of the challenge. The colors are perfect for these images! Love this card!!
Hugs Rosi

Pia S said...

This is one of my favorites - I love it being a combination of retro and CAS!
PS: I like the new look of your blog:)

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very intriguing and graphic. Like the colors and images. I am just not good at CAS but you definitely are.

Anita said...

I love this Mynn, the retro feel is fabulous. Hugs.