Wednesday, October 1, 2014

House of Cards: Punch-kins!

Hi, friends!  I'm here today to tell you about the newest challenge we have going on at House of Cards!  This month, we'd like you to use a punch and/or die cut on your creation or even more than one!  Come and take a peek at what I made!


I started by creating a fun sponged background using two shades of both orange and purple.  You can see I first masked off an area with a circle punch to create a "moon".  I then sprayed the panel with some pearl spray mist and dried it with my heat gun to speed the drying process.  I then stamped the sentiment from Great Impressions onto the panel and added a bit of glitter to the moon.



After I finished the main panel, I created some "punch-kins" to add some depth and interest to the card.  A bit of glitter was added to the leaves for some extra texture.  I finished the card with some pearls in a dark blue shade.




If you'd like to see how I created these "punch-kins", I've got a video tutorial over at the House of Cards challenge blog that will teach you how!  It is SUPER easy...and slightly addictive!  I hope you come and join the fun with us this month at House of Cards!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!


 photo Sigcopy.png



18 comments:

Unknown said...

fab card Mynn!! love your idea! x

Lisa Elton said...

FANTASTIC Halloween card, love the way you positioned the bird just inside the moon!!

cass said...

Stunningcard, gorgeous design, thanks for joining us at the Crafters Cafe Challenge this week

Fabiola said...

trop bien, j'adore ce fond très réussi, biz

Julie B said...

Great idea and a fab sponged background. The little bit of shading on the punches just makes them.I have bookmarked your video for future reference and linked it to my technique page if that's OK.
So pleased you joined us at ATSM this week. :)

Taunya Butler said...

Can I just say how be"witch"ed I am at this lovely, cool, and absolutely fun punchkin card!! You are so great with the details and you know just where to add them - in this case I am speaking specifically about the pearls and how perfectly placed they are!! Way to go!! I am uber impressed with you!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Mynn! Your background is perfect, and I love how you placed all the elements on this card. Great take on the inspiration photo!
So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

The Craft Bucket said...

Just gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at A LITTLE BIT CRAFTY this month & the very best of luck. Love Jane x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous card, Mynn! The inking is spooktacular and those black pearls - LOVE! Have a great weekend, my dear!

Neets B said...

Wow, you've created such great atmosphere, your background blending is beautiful. The bird in the moon is perfectly placed too. Thanks for joining in our photo challenge at ATSM, Anita x

Manuela said...

Wow, Deine Karte ist klasse. Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut.
Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an unserer ASC-Challenge.
Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Margaret said...

Super Halloween card. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Café for this challenge.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful fall scene! I love the colors you chose for your sponged background. Those black pearls are really cool too! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Meggi Bischoff said...

Was für eine tolle Karte!

Vielen Dank, dass du sie mit dem ASC teilst. Bis zum nächsten Mal.

GlG Meggi DT.

Leanne said...

The is wonderful, nice colors and the sentiment is awesome. Very fun pumpkins! Thanks for playing our Halloween/Christmas challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT
One Crazy Stamper

Merethe A said...

Now I found you blogg and card :) I like the swirly text stamp I just whis they had more like these wiht Norwegian texts.. and as halloween is not big and a new tradition we dont celebrate it here unless you have small children that has it in the kinder garden or at school. Love your card any way. :)

Katy said...

I LOVE your card!! The background is beautiful and I love the little bits of glitter. A little glitter with huge impact. The pumpkins are just fabulous with that sentiment! :)