Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Paper Sweeties October Release Party!

Yippee!!!  I'm back today with another creation using NEW products being released this month for the Paper Sweeties online store!  I've got another holiday creation for you, this one utilizing very non-traditional colors...come and see!


I started this card by stamping a tree from the new Trim the Tree stamp set along with a sentiment from the new Joy stamp set.  I colored in the tree with a green glitter gel pen and then I added a star to the top, colored it in with a yellow glitter gel pen and accented it with a Cookie Dough sequin on the top.  I then added some liquid pearls as ornaments to the tree and a small flower from our Sweet Cuts - Home Tweet Home.  This flower was bedecked with a large rhinestone and the panel was added to a frame of purple glitter paper.  A tab with three Cookie Dough sequins was then stapled to this panel.



I added this stamped and bedazzled panel onto some fun pink chevron patterned paper and looked at it...it was missing something.  I grabbed some yellow polka dotted patterned paper and punched a few circles of it out and accented the image panel with them.  Success!



I totally love the way this turned out.  What do YOU think?!  Are these non-traditional colors working?!  I think so...just take one more look before you go...


That's all for me today, friends!  I hope you hop over to the other DT members' blogs and leave them some love, too!  They have some fabulous creations for your viewing pleasure, trust me!

Here's a complete list of the Sweeties team~
Larissa Heskett  (off this month)
Lysa Rohrer

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek!

HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

6 comments:

Becky said...

I love this! What fabulous colors.

Lysa said...

Wow! Totally love the bright fun colors!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a bold, bright, happy palette, Mynn! Really love your angled design!

Maria said...

Ohhh, what a fab modern Christmas card in nontraditional colors. Great design and wonderful way of highlighting the PS stamps/dies!

Nancy Penir said...

Mynn, your colors rock! Love seeing your clever cards for each post with PS. Fun & elegant at the same time!

Lisa Elton said...

Very festive and fun, love the glammed up tree!