Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Inspired By Stamping: Masculine Valentines


Hello, all!  Who's ready for some Valentines?! :)  I'm here with two cards using beautiful products from the Inspired By Stamping store.  My cards today are Valentines for the man or boy in your life...come and see the first one...


This card started with a stamped sentiment.  This sentiment was pieced together from the Sugar & Spice stamp set and the new Big Hello stamp set.  This portion of the card was glitzed up with a glittery red heart and a few enamel dots.  I also highlighted the sentiment with clear glitter gel pen for added shine.


I then created an ombre stamped strip to put behind the focal sentiment.  This sentiment is from the Trendy Circle Sentiments stamp set.  This strip was added to a strip of light blue-green card that was punched on either end to form a border. 


These two pieces were then added to the card base.  This card base was prepped with more of the same light blue-green paper and some chevron patterned paper.




Next, I decided to do a more traditionally colored card.  I kept it CAS because most men don't like a lot of fuss, you know?  Take a peek...


This one started with the brushstrokes from the Friends Forever stamp set being stamped in red.  I then heat embossed the main sentiment from the I Love You Because stamp set over the top with black glittery embossing powder.  Some washi tape and glittery hearts accent the sentiment.



I then added a bit of faux stitching using a piercing tool and a red glitter pen.  I really like this one and it has actually been sold for a special someone already!  What do you think of my masculine Valentines?  I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know!


That's all for me today!  I'll be back soon with more crafty creations, so stay tuned!  If you have some time, hop over to the Inspired By Stamping store to grab these goodies and play along with our monthly challenge, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

Sugar & Spice stamp set

Trendy Circle Sentiments stamp set

Friends Forever stamp set

I Love You Because stamp set

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful and a lovely card Mynn
Gr Karin

Becca Cruger said...

These are definitely GREAT boy cards! I especially like that blue all over one! The words you've repeatedly stamped down the center panel are absolutely charming!

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous Valentine cards Mynn..love your card designs and great stamp sets..

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna K said...

Two fabulous designs. These are perfect for the guys in your life. Love them both.

Lisa Elton said...

Such fun Valentines Mynn, love the pop of red on the first one!

Petra Swart said...

Your masculine valentine's cards are both great, Mynn!!!! I love the beautiful glitter hearts on both and the sewing and washi tape on the second looks lovely!!!! Love the colours of the first one!!!