Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I think I like...


Hello, howdy, hey ya'll!  I'm here today to share something with you.  Something personal, in a way.  I have been having a ROUGH time the last month.  The first half of June found me in the hospital, then 2 weeks of serious health issues.  The second half has been one tragedy for close friends after another, a car dying on us, and SERIOUS BLOG BURNOUT.  

I was starting to think I should just quit.  And then, I realized what I needed.  I needed some craft therapy.  I needed to make something NON-design team related and JUST for me.  Or rather, for my amazing and long-suffering husband.  He's been my rock through all of this.  Because, you know what?!  I think I LIKE crafting and blogging.  And I think that I need to do more of it FOR ME/those I love, not just for teams!  Thus...this card was born...


This little stamp set has sat in my stash for quite some time.  It was sent to me by a craft friend months ago.  It needed to be used!  Just like my "just because I want to stamp" skills.  I think I like these kiddos...


I think I also kinda like the way my coloring turned out.  I used Spectrum Noir markers, and I made sure to be EXTRA CAREFUL.  It took me over an hour to color these kids.  I didn't care.  It was SO therapeutic to not be on a deadline.


Well, there you have it, friends.  It was really hard to write this post and get real, but it was also part of the therapeutic process.  I hope you enjoy this cute card and like it as much as I do--and as much as I hope my husband does!  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


I'm entering this card into these fabulous challenges~






That's all for now, friends.  Be assured, my monthly onslaught of posts for design teams WILL happen in the VERY near future.  I AM excited for all the creations I have coming up, but I am so glad I got to share this "just because" card with you today!  THANK YOU so much for all your kind words and support--YOU are all amazing!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

7 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Mynn I made some cards for fun this month too! It helped me tremendously....I too have been struggling with health issues, and a death in the family among other things. It was good to create just for fun! Your card is adorable! Lovely coloring of these sweet images. So sorry you have been so sick. Still keeping you in prayer. Hugs - Jill

KarinsArtScrap said...

super sweet and lovely card Mynn
Gr Karin

Lisa Elton said...

I hope things are looking up for everyone Mynn. This card is certainly a pick me up, so sweet!!

Josephine said...

This is so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

Hey there =)

What a great project, I am blown away!
Thanks so much for playing along with us on the current CardsUndMore Challenge!

All the best and good luck, Elisa

Stempelomi said...

lovely!Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

J said...

What a cute couple - it makes a lovely card too! Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

Jackie