Sunday, June 14, 2015

Paper Sweeties June Release Party!


Hello, SWEETIES!  It's Day Three of the June 2015 Paper Sweeties release, and today I've got some more watercoloring, but this time, with paper piecing, TOO!  Come and check it out...


This card uses the *NEW* Island Time stamp set, which just happens to have coordinating *NEW* Island Time Sweet Cuts dies!  I started by watercoloring my scene, then stamping the palm tree image from the *NEW* Island Time stamp set onto the panel.  I then paper pieced the image, and I added some light brown pearls as "coconuts".  I stamped the sun image and cut it out with the *NEW* Island Time Sweet Cuts dies and popped it up with some dimensional foam.


A sentiment from the *NEW* Island Time stamp set, some Raspberry baker's twine, and some rhinestones decorate the bottom of my water colored panel.


I really love the way the paper pieced images POP off of the watercolored background, don't you?!  I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on my card and the *NEW* Island Time stamps and Island Time Sweet Cuts dies in the comments below!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate all your sweet comments--they make my day!  If you're ready for more inspiration, make sure to stop by all the other gals' blogs, too!

Here's your list~


I'll be back tomorrow with more release goodness!
Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:
           
Island Time stamp set      Island Time Sweet Cuts dies


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A day of polka dot palm trees and sunshine...count me in!! Super cute Mynn!

Maria said...

Wonderful water color and paper piecing techniques used on this fabulous beach themed card, Mynn!!! Love all the polka dots, too!!!

Jill Norwood said...

I love this sweet scene Mynn! Your background is so pretty and I love the polka dot paper for the palm tree! Beautifully done!!!!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Love your patterns... Polka dot Palm tree is fabulous!

jasann said...

just love these summery beach cards, and this one is really super!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

SQUEAL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Patterns and the Design!! SO SWEET!! THANKS for sharing and I'm SENDING HUGS and PRAYERS your WAY!! =) You're in my thoughts and I hope your feeling better SOON!! =)

The Craft Princess said...

Mynn....you never cease to amaze me...what a fun card...the chevrons and dots are so playful :) Hugs...Janie

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

You can't go wrong in my book with polka dots and chevrons!!! Such a cute card!!!!

Petra Swart said...

Love all the fun polka dots and the chevrons, Mynn!!! Your island scene is so pretty!!! The watercolouring looks great and I love the paper piecing!! So cute!!!
Hugz

Cheryl said...

Polka dots are always so FUN! Love the pop of pink twine.