Monday, November 9, 2015

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags


Hi, everyone!  I'm super excited to be participating with Paper Sweeties in The 25 Days of Christmas Tags progressive hop!  There's TONS of holiday tag inspiration coming your way, and the Paper Sweeties team has got some super fun ideas for you!


I decided to go with a blue, cream, kraft, and gold color scheme for my tag.  I LOVE these colors together--I think they are so elegant!  Take a peek at my final product...


This is one of my all-time favorite Christmas tree images.  It's from the Trim the Tree set.  I stamped the image onto vellum and embossed it in gold.  I then added white Glaze gel pen to the ornaments.  I die cut it with the coordinating die from the Trim the Tree Sweet Cuts die set and added another die cut tree behind it.  I added it to my tag--on top of some gold washi tape and patterned paper.  A small gold glitter enamel star topped off this fun tree.


The sentiment is a die cut from the Joy Sweet Cuts die set.  I die cut it out some kraft cardstock and some gold cardstock, then layered them together and added them to the tag with a gold glitter enamel heart.  It was added over some crocheted trim.  Some gold elastic cord and a cream button were added as more of an anchor for the sentiment.


Up top, I added some sequins from the *NEW* Snowflake Sequin Mix and some Frosting Seam Binding Ribbon.  I added the ribbon through some eyelets and made it into a hanging tag.  The sequins were added to the corner over a doily quarter that was added for texture.


I am very pleased with the final product!  I'm not sure what this tag will adorn this holiday season, but I think it will be something really special! :)  What do you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!  For more Paper Sweeties inspiration, check out the rest of the DT gals who are participating in this fun hop...

I'll be back soon with more Paper Sweeties inspiration for you--so stay tuned!  I hope you have lots of fun hopping around today and for the rest of this event, too!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)
blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Mynn
Gr Karin

Jerrie said...

What a great tag! I love your color combo and stamping on vellum with the gold.

Ruth said...

I love it! It's frothy and Christmassy - perfect. Xx

Maria said...

Love all the gold and the pretty snowflakes...such a pretty tag with lots of wonderful detail!!!

Fabiola said...

c'est trop joli Mynnette, elle est charmante et très chic, biz

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely tag Mynn, I like the non traditional colors!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING that tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow wow wow...I can't believe I almost missed this. Had a hard time getting here tonight....this is gorgeous!! The color combo is awesome and you've got the sequins!!....I need! Anyway...gorgeous.

Jacqueline said...

This is just gorgeous Mynnette - such beautiful colours and perfect embossing - Jacqueline xx

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful tag Mynn! Love the tree on vellum and the metallic touches!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is a beautiful tag Mynn.

Jeri said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love all the different elements on this tag and the touches of gold.

The Craft Princess said...

Very elegant Mynn....and I love the color combo :) Hugs...Janie

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL tag Mynn!!!
LOVE your PRETTY layers and colours, LOVE your SHIMMERING gold and vellum too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing :)

Katy said...

Wow! This is so fabulous! I love all of the layers and the vellum tree in gold embossing! LOVE IT! Beautiful my friend :)