Friday, March 25, 2016

Inspired By Stamping: Orange Poppies


Hello, Inspired By Stamping friends!  I'm here today to share a card I made for a dear friend of mine recently.  I used one of my absolute favorite stamp sets, so I hope you love it as much as I do!  Take a peek...


I started by stamping the poppy bunch image from the Flower of the Month: Poppies stamp set.  I colored it in with Spectrum Noir markers, then added some glitter for shine and texture. 


I then added a sentiment from the Flower of the Month: Poppies set to the panel, a few enamel dots, and some paper piercing.  I then added some black matting so that the focal panel would POP off the card base.


I added some orange polka dot paper, and decorated the inside with another image and sentiment from the Flower of the Month: Poppies set.  I kept the inside image uncolored so that it felt more clean once a message was written.


I gave this card to a friend of mine who recently lost her husband at the age of 33.  My hope is that it brought a little sunshine into her life.  I hope that each of you takes some time to let your loved ones know how much you card today, as well.  Never take them for granted--you never know how long you will be allowed to hold them.


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  That's all I have for you today, but I'll be back soon with more inspiration using fabulous products from the Inspired By Stamping online store.  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Mynn, I adore orange poppies! Jo x

Leah said...

So gorgeous Mynn!! Sorry I don't get to your blog more often. I always LOVE your beautiful creations :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Mynn


gr karin

Fikreta said...


very nice card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. Love the color and sparkle. So sorry for your friend's loss.

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Mynn, I love that stamp set too

Lisa Elton said...

This is as pretty as can be Mynn! Of course I love the polka dots and those flowers are wonderful!!

Petra Swart said...

Love your beautifully coloured poppies and all the lovely polka dots, Mynn!!!! Surely your friend appreciated this wonderful card so much - it's really beautiful!!!!
Hugz

Jo Herbert said...

These poppies are gorgeous Mynn, I love how you have also done the inside of the card as well :) Hugs Jo